10 reasons to buy a house in Curacao
Are you considering buying a second home? A vacation home for your family in the Caribbean?
Here are the top 10 reasons to buy a vacation home in Curaçao!
- The island has a tropical climate. The sun always shines, the average temperature is 80F and there are constant cool breezes.
- There are no restrictions for foreigners buying property in Curacao and US citizens can easily apply for a residency permit!
- Low tax rates and attractive real estate prices even for large houses in gated communities.
- The Netherlands Antilles guilder has been pegged to the US dollar at the exchange rate of US$ 1.00 = ANG. 1.78.
- Curacao has the highest standards of living in the Caribbean and is home to people of more than 50 nationalities.
- Stable government, Curacao is part of the Dutch Kingdom.
- Health care is very good - a modern new hospital was opened in 2020.
- Curacao is situated outside the hurricane belt and has some of the best diving sites in the world!
- Curacao has many beautifully restored monumental buildings, cruise ships arrive weekly at one of the terminals in Willemstad.
For investors here are some extra reasons to buy a property in Curacao:
- There is a PMI Curacao office for property management - if you wish to rent out your vacation home when you are not on the island, this full service company handles it all and you make a good return on investment!
- Offshore banking available. Many multinationals have established their headquarters in Curacao.
- Curacao has a great location between North and South America and offers modern facilities and constant economic growth.
- Global companies like Sandals and Marriott believe in our economy, both opening new hotels in Curacao in 2022.
Finally, Curacao offers great shopping in the historic city centre of Willemstad and in Sambil Curacao shopping mall
with 200 shops, 20 restaurants and an I-Max movie theater.
has more information about Curacao, its colorful history, the origins of Willemstad and our people and culture!