10 reasons to buy a house in Curacao
Are you considering buying a second home? A vacation home for your family in the Caribbean?
Here are the top 10 reasons to buy a vacation home in Curaçao!
- The island has a tropical climate. The sun always shines, the average temperature is 80F and there are constant cool breezes.
- There are no restrictions for foreigners buying property in Curacao and US citizens can easily apply for a residency permit!
- Low tax rates and attractive real estate prices even for large houses in gated communities.
- The Netherlands Antilles guilder has been pegged to the US dollar at the exchange rate of US$ 1.00 = ANG. 1.78.
- Curacao has the highest standards of living in the Caribbean and is home to people of more than 50 nationalities.
- Stable government, Curacao is part of the Dutch Kingdom.
- Health care is very good - a brand new hospital will be finished in 2019.
- Curacao is situated outside the hurricane belt and has some of the best diving sites in the world!
For investors here are 3 extra reasons to buy a property in Curacao:
- Curacao has many beautifully restored monumental buildings, cruise ships arrive weekly at one of the terminals in Willemstad.
- Offshore banking available. Many multinationals have established their headquarters in Curacao.
- Curacao has a great location between North and South America and offers modern facilities and constant economic growth.
- Standing and Poor's Rating Services give Curacao an A-rating. Quote: " The ratings on Curacao are supported by its stable democratic parliamentary system and rule of law within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, its prosperous economy, high level of social development, and strong government balance sheet".
Finally, Curacao offers great shopping in the historic city centre of Willemstad and in Sambil Curacao shopping mall
with 200 shops, 20 restaurants and an I-Max movie theater.
has more information about Curacao, its colorful history, the origins of Willemstad and our people and culture!